First and foremost, for those that aren’t wax savvy and don’t know what a Brazilian is, well, you may want to sit down. The Brazilian is the removal of all your hair from belly button to tail bone and everything in between…Blink Blink…I know. I’m sure that left some of you gasping in horror, and a few of you blurted out profanities #%! But I know for a fact there are several of you furiously trying to find Christie’s Salon Inc.’s phone number to book an appointment! Am I right?
Why wax? The better question is WHY WOULDN’T YOU!? I often tell people, once you take that first step into the world of waxing, you’ll be hooked and it WILL change your life! A few perks of Brazilian or Bikini waxing:
1) 40%-60% LESS growth, just after the first wax.
2) No Razor Burn. There is none! Skip the red, inflamed rash around your panty or swimsuit line.
3) 5 o’clock shadow-Again, there isn’t any! 60 grit sandpaper in your knickers? I think not!
4) Itching – NADA. No more trying to inconspicuously scratch that itch.
Face it, we’ve all been there!
Still skeptical? Are you scared it’s going to hurt? Or are you totally freaked out that I’ll see your lady bits? You had a friend tell you it was the most painful thing they have ever gone through in their life? Or you have a friend who has a friend, who has a friend (you know where this is going) that lost skin, lost a lip, bled, possibly even lost her Chihuahua during a bad waxing appointment. Here is my response… It’s true, the first time isn’t a walk in the park, but, the fact that it grows back so much less (just after the first wax), is what makes it so much easier at each of your follow up waxes. Although awkward, the first time, I promise you’ll quickly forget that you’re baring all. At this point the staff has performed thousands of Brazilians, and believes me when I say this; they may as well be waxing elbows. There’s absolutely no judging because “elbows” come in all shapes, sizes and colors and we’ve seen them all (really, we have)… gingers, brunettes, blondes, silver foxes, whippersnappers, baby boomers, piercings, tattoos, buns in the ovens, and personalities. Our goal is to make you stubble free and gorgeous!
We’ve also had people say “I couldn’t have you wax me down there, what if I bumped into you in town?” My response?
What happens in the wax room, stays in the wax room PERIOD!
If we happen to cross paths somewhere, we’re not talking about it, unless you bring it up. So don’t worry- EVERYTHING about salon business is discreet, especially our clients. As for the friend who tries desperately to talk you out of getting waxed because of their previous experience or they know someone who had a “waxing trauma,” well, I can narrow that down to a few things.
1) Someone didn’t do their homework when searching for a GOOD WAXER
2) BAD WAXER
3) BAD WAXER using really BAD PRODUCT.
4) Friend bought their own wax at a local beauty store and didn’t realize, until it was too late, that not only did they not know how to properly apply wax, but also, they were not prepared to rip hair from their own body. Hence the story we’ve all seen floating around the internet about the lady who ended up stuck to the bottom of her bathtub because she thought she could “DIY” her own lady bits.
5) Story about the lost appendage, Chihuahua, blah, blah, blah was completely embellished.
I don’t discount that bad things could have happened to others. Just don’t let their bad experience dictate what could seriously change your life for the better!
Our goal is to provide you a phenomenal wax, in minimal time, at a reasonable price. Add a little humor and great conversation, during your appointment, and I promise you’ll leave saying
“That’s it? You’re already done? It really wasn’t that bad!”
Pre and Post Waxing Care Tips
Waxing is an intimate experience, but one that is gratifying to many. At Christie’s Salon, we want your body waxing experience to not only be the absolute best, but for you to achieve results. It is recommended that you come in every 4-6 weeks. Doing this will allow your skin to acclimate to waxing, slow your hair growth, and maintain better results between treatments.
- Personal hygiene rules! Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
- Skip the lotions and potions! Do not apply self-tanners, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Let it grow out!If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or ¼ inch of hair growth.
- Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
- Avoid heat. No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax.
- Keep Calm. No caffeine at least 6 hours prior to your appointment and take ibuprofen at least 30 minutes before.
- Be comfy. Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
Post-Waxing Care: Everyone reacts differently to waxing. If this is your first time, it is important to take precaution.
- Heightened sensitivitymay be experienced in the area waxed for the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid heat. No tanning, sun bathing, hot tubs or saunas for 48 hours after your treatment. Since a layer of dead skin cells have been removed, sun and or heat exposure can burn the skin.
- No hot bathsor exercising for 2 hours following your treatment. (for Brazilian this also includes any sexual activity)
- Apply a cold compressto sooth the skin if you experience sensitivity or irritation after your treatment. Hydro-cortisone cream also reduces the redness and irritation following your treatment.
- Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment.
- Moisturize use of an alpha hydroxy based lotion helps to keep ingrown hairs away by moisturizing and removal of dead skin. (example is Eucerin)
If your skin is sensitive, body waxing may result in minor breakouts. Waxing causes the temporary enlargement of the hair follicles that can allow bacteria residing on the skin, to enter the enlarged follicles and cause skin infections. If an infection is noted, it should be evaluated and treated by a doctor as soon as possible. That is why it is important to take proper care of your skin following a wax treatment.